Almond Butter Cups
18 Jun 2020
For the chocolate Layers
- 150g Lily O’Brien’s Mega Milk Chocolate Share Bag (2 bags will give you enough for the recipe and some left over to snack on) roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
For the almond butter Layer
- 110g almond butter
- 85g honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt flakes
This recipe should make about 10-12 Almond Butter Cups depending on how thick you make your layers.
- Line a muffin or fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate together for for 30 second intervals, stirring until the mixture has melted and is smooth.
- Using a spoon pour enough chocolate mixture (around 1/2 tablespoon) to cover the bottom of each paper case. Place the tray into the freezer for 5-10 minutes until the chocolate is set.
- Add the almond butter, coconut oil, honey and sea salt (if using) to another bowl. Microwave for about 15 – 20 seconds or until mixture is slightly melted and pourable. Stir to combine.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and pour the almond butter mixture evenly into each case. Place back in the freezer to set for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and pour the remaining chocolate into each case, using just enough to completely cover the almond butter layer. At this point you can also sprinkle flaked sea salt on top of the chocolate and decorate with almonds!
- Place the tin back into the freezer for around an hour to set. Once set, remove from freezer and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Keep any remaining cups in the fridge. They should last around 5-7 days. You can store the cups in the freezer for up to 2 months.