If you are looking for a sweet creamy treat to tuck into that doesn’t contain dairy or refined sugar then we have the perfect dessert for you. This Avocado Cacao Chocolate Mousse contains bananas and avocados which not only creates the creaminess you crave but also adds protein into your diet. Not only that but cacao is packed full of antioxidants, fibre, magnesium, protein and calcium. So with all these benefits in one little recipe, you may not even feel guilty about eating this sweet treat for breakfast.
Avocado, Banana and Cacao Chocolate Mousse
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 banana
- 32g raw cacao powder (or nibs)
- 60ml coconut or almond milk
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- First, peel and cube the avocados and banana.
- Then add all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add the milk gradually to create the perfect mousse consistency.
- Add more milk if you want it thinner / creamier.
- Dish the mixture into 4 mini bowls or pots.
- Refrigerate until set before serving.
- Sprinkle with chopped Lily O’Brien’s Milk Chocolate Drops, shaved almonds and fresh blueberries.