Forget sending flowers to the one you love this Spring, instead bake these pretty little flower shaped doughnuts and glaze with irresistible Creamy Caramel Chocolate for that extra special level of deliciousness!
- 140g plain flour
- 25g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 100g granulated sugar
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 80 ml milk
- 60 ml yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Caramel Glaze
- 90g Lily O’Brien’s Creamy Caramels with Sea Salt Share Bag (1 bag)
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp water
To make the doughnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C (160°C fan).
- Grease a doughnut pan with oil or butter and set this to one side.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl, then set to one side.
- Whisk the egg and the sugar together in a medium bowl until well combined, then add the milk, yogurt, melted butter and vanilla extract, and whisk until well combined. Pour this into the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fill the doughnut cavities in the pan with batter, only filling to around the three quarter mark. Use a small spoon or a piping bag.
- Bake for between 8-10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the doughnuts comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then remove your doughnuts and transfer to a wire rack where they can cool completely before glazing.
To make the glaze
- Place the chocolate, butter, honey and water together in a medium bowl. Melt in 20 second increments in the microwave, stirring after each time, until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the chocolate glaze and then cover with decorations and sprinkles of your choice. Leave to rest until the glaze is set.
- Enjoy!! Doughnuts are best eaten the same day or keep them for up to 3 days in the refrigerator – but let’s be honest here, we don’t think they’re going to last that long!! :)