It's Pancake Tuesday! Try this mouth-watering quick and easy pancake recipe with deliciously decadent Lily O'Brien's Dark Chocolate drops!
A combination of sweet delicious Lily O’Brien’s chocolate and juicy blueberries make the ideal Strove Tuesday treat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the pancakes:
- 385g all-purpose flour
- 35g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 700ml buttermilk
- 3 free range eggs
- 115g butter (melted)
- 50g blueberries
- 90g Lily O’Brien’s Dark Chocolate Drops (chopped)
For the blueberry compote:
- 85g frozen blueberries
- 3 tbsp. water
- 35g sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large sized bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and stir until just combined (do not over mix).
- Add the blueberries and chopped chocolate drops into the mixture.
- Stir together carefully, until just combined.
- Heat a skillet over a medium – low heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Use a measuring jug to pour the pancake mix onto the hot skillet.
- The amount of batter is up to you (the more batter the bigger the pancake).
- As the batter is thick, you can use a spoon to shape it into a circle or any shape you desire.
- When bubbles begin to form, flip the pancake with a spatula and cook until the batter is no longer runny.
- Make as many you as you wish from the batter and keep warm in the oven.
- To make the blueberry compote, combine half of the blueberries, all the water, sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan
- Heat up over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the rest of the blueberries and heat for a further 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- If you like the compote more chunky, add a few some fresh blueberries when you take the compute off the heat
- When ready, serve the pancakes warm with the warm compote between each pancake and a generous drizzle of melted chocolate drops over the top.
For more delicious quick and easy recipes using your favourite Lily O'Brien's chocolate take a peek at our recipes section on our blog