Sometimes it’s nice to spend time creating a beautiful bowl of breakfast goodness. Aside from great flavours and textures, this breakfast bowl is filled with antioxidants from the dark chocolate and chia seeds, and plenty of fibre from the fruit - all ready to set you up for a great day.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 120ml almond milk
- 1 heaped tbsp. of almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 50g of chia seeds (plus 1 tsp.)
- Raspberries and Blueberries
- Granola or chopped nuts
- Lily O’Brien’s Milk or Dark Chocolate Drops
- Anything you fancy!
- Combine your bananas, milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, cacao powder and maple syrup in a blender.
- Puree until completely smooth but still thick. Add in more almond milk if needed.
- Place the blended ingredients into a re-sealable jar and add your chai seeds.
- Seal the jar, shake it and place it in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to enjoy, pour the mixture into your favourite bowl.
- Heat up in the microwave for 30 seconds if you want it hot.
- Top with a handful of granola or oats.
- Sprinkle with your favourite chopped nuts and fresh fruit (raspberries and blueberries are the best)
- Melt 50g of Lily O’Brien’s Milk or Dark Chocolate Baking Drops in a bowl in the microwave (careful not to burn) and drizzle over the top.
- Finish off with extra chopped up Chocolate Drops, a sprinkle of chai seeds and ta-dah, a breakfast full of goodness and naughtiness all in one.