Give your mince pies the spruce up they deserve this year, envelop them in Lily O’Brien’s chocolate! Try your favourite Christmas treat baked in this chocolatey, fudgy recipe and you won’t want to eat them any other way again!
- 185g unsalted butter
- 185g Lily O’Brien’s Mega Milk Chocolate Share Bags (x2)
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 275g golden caster sugar
- 6 regular sized mince pies
- Icing sugar for dusting
1. Roughly chop or break the chocolate into pieces and melt with the butter in a medium bowl in a microwave – cook on high for 1 minute, stir, then heat in 20-second blasts until completely melted. Once melted, set to one side to cool.
2. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4. Line the base of a shallow tin roughly 20cm square in dimensions, with non-stick baking parchment. Sieve the flour and cocoa into a medium bowl. Whisk the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on maximum speed until thick and creamy – this should take around 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour the cooled chocolate mixture in with the combined eggs and sugar, then gently fold together with a rubber spatula in a figure of eight. The mixture will turn a mottled dark brown when they’re combined – don’t overdo it or you could knock out the air.
When the mixture is ready it will look nice and fudgy.
5. Spoon some of the mixture into the prepared tin then sit the mince pies in too, spacing evenly in the tin. Scrape over the rest of the mixture making sure it gets between the pies and evenly covers the tops. Bake in the oven for 25 mins. If the brownie mixture is still a little wobbly on top, it needs a little longer so bake for another 5 -10 mins, or until the top looks a shiny and has a papery crust and the sides are just beginning to come away from the tin. Take out of the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares or bars. These will keep in an airtight container for a week and in the freezer for up to a month.