Creamy Caramel Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownie Bites Recipe
30 Jun 2022
Creamy Caramel Chocolate and Peanut Butter Brownie Bites. A recipe for all the peanut butter lovers out there – these thick, rich and decadent brownies make the most irresistible treat!
- 1 Brownie mix kit (plus extra ingredients stated on pack)
- 500g peanut butter
- 120g butter, softened
- 130g icing sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 240g or 2 x Lily O’Brien’s Creamy Caramel Share Bags, roughly chopped
- 100g Lily O’Brien’s Dark Chocolate Baking Drops, roughly chopped
- 180ml double cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan and line a 20cm x 20cm wide tin with parchment paper.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package instructions. Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean - this will be around 20 minutes. Let the brownie base cool completely in the tin.
- Combine peanut butter and butter in a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar, vanilla, 2 tablespoons of milk and mix until smooth and fluffy. Add a third tablespoon of milk if the mixture looks a little too thick to be spreadable.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the top of the cooled brownie.
- Place both types of chocolate in a medium, microwave safe bowl along with the double cream. Microwave in 30 second bursts stirring in between until the cream is warm enough to melt the chocolate. Stir thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the peanut butter layer, making sure it covers the top evenly.
- Place the tin in the fridge for 15-20 minutes until the topping has set. Carefully lift the brownie out of the tin and slice into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within 3-4 days, or 7 days if kept in the fridge.
For more easy baking recipes using Lily O'Brien's Chocolate visit our Chocolate Blog