Homemade chocolate truffles can make the perfect Christmas gift or even enjoyed as an after-dinner treat! They don’t come much richer than these delectable beauties, made with a selection of Lily O’Brien’s Chocolate Share Bags, you just need to choose which favourite toppings you would like to use.
- 180g Lily O’Brien’s 70% Dark Belgian Chocolate Share Bag (x2)
- 120g Lily O’Brien’s Creamy Caramel with sea salt Share Bag (x1)
- 150ml double cream
- 50g unsalted butter
Chocolate sprinkles, cocoa powder, gold lustre, chopped almonds, freeze dried raspberries
1. Break both types of chocolate into a medium sized bowl, then place the cream and butter in a pan and bring to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until all the chocolate melts. Leave to cool, then chill in the fridge for 2-3 hrs.
2. Put the toppings into separate bowls. To shape the truffles, lightly rub your hands with flavourless oil (such as sunflower oil) and roll a teaspoon of the mixture between your palms – this can get messy!
3. Gently roll the truffles in the bowls of ingredients until the balls of chocolate are evenly coated, then put in a box and chill. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for three days, or freeze for up to a month. Defrost in the fridge overnight.