There’s no better way to Dad’s heart than through his tummy, make him this extra special, personalised skillet cookie this Father’s Day and show him just how special he is to you!
- 75g Unsalted Butter
- 70g Light Brown Sugar
- 50g Granulated Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg Yolk
- 75g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 85g Lily O’Briens Crispy Butterscotch Chocolate, roughly chopped into 1cm sized pieces
Piping Icing Ingredients
- 40g Milk Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan and lightly grease an 8” or 10” cast iron skillet
- In a medium sized microwavable safe bowl melt the butter in 30 seconds or until just melted.
- Add both the sugars to the melted butter and stir with a metal spoon to combine.
- Add in the egg yolk stirring quickly yo combine.
- Add the flour, vanilla and baking powder, mixing until thoroughly incorporated, adding in most of the chopped chocolate last until evenly distributed.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the skillet then sprinkle the extra pieces of saved chocolate over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are nice and crispy and the centre is just set. Leave to cool while you make the piping icing.
- Place the milk chocolate in a microwavable bowl and heat in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until the chocolate is just melted.
- Add the table spoon of icing sugar to the chocolate and stir throughly to combine.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into an icing bag fitted with a small circular nozzle (or a small plastic freezer bag with a small hole cut into the corner works well too), then ice your choice of name or message onto the top of the cookie.
- Serve either in the pan with a few scoops of ice cream or turn out of the pan and serve totally cooled and cut into pizza style slices.
For more easy baking recipes using Lily O'Brien's Chocolate visit our Chocolate Blog