We've discovered the holy grail of healthy indulgence – what better way to kickstart your day with this amazingly tasty dark chocolate chia pudding. Not only does it include real melted 70% dark belgian chocolate, but it's absolutely jam packed with healthy goodness! You're welcome! :)
- 30g Lily O’Brien’s 70% Dark Belgian Chocolate Share Bag
- 60ml maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 360ml Unsweetened Almond mIlk
- 96g chia seeds
- In a medium sized microwave-safe bowl, break up the chocolate into smaller pieces and microwave, in 20 second increments, stirring until the chocolate has melted, then allow to sit to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once cooled add the maple syrup, ground cinnamon, salt, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Then add a little dairy-free milk at a time, stirring until a paste forms. Add the remaining almond milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds and whisk once more to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 3-5 hours (until a pudding-like consistency is reached). If you can, give the mixture an extra stir once it has been in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes.
- The mixture can keep in the fridge for 4-5 days, although it’s best when served fresh. Serve chilled with your choice of toppings, such as fruit, nuts, mint, granola, coconut whipped cream or yogurt.