Chocolate lovers and Dublin’s top foodies gathered on Wednesday, 26th April, in Dublin’s top five star boutique hotel dylan, for the launch of luxury Irish chocolate brand, Lily O’Brien’s new super premium collection, The Exquisite Edition. Guests on the night enjoyed a sumptuous exploration of taste, representing the all new collection which combines exotic ingredients from far-flung locations, with simple riches from the Irish countryside.
Lily O’Brien’s founder, Mary Ann O’Brien and Managing Director, Eoin Donnelly were in good company on the night with attendees including, writer Sinead Burke, stylist Claudia Gocoul and a host of foodie fanatics and industry insiders. On arrival, guests were treated to a prosecco reception hosted by Mary Ann O’Brien, before sitting down to enjoy a lavish meal inspired by the new collection of chocolates. The bespoke menu on the night was created especially for the occasion by dylan’s executive head chef, Mark Bodie and each course was inspired by the unique and innovative flavours of the new Lily O’Brien’s collection.
For starter guests enjoyed a vanilla and chilli poached pear salad, served with crumbled Cashel Blue cheese and almonds, inspired by the Pear and Almond chocolate, paired with the Tahitian vanilla of the Crème Brulée recipe. Guests then swooned for the main course of lemon and coriander chicken served with rice noodle salad and ginger and soy broth, inspired by the Ginger and Lemon Confit chocolate. Naturally chocolate took centre stage for dessert with a Lily O’Brien’s Death by Chocolate stealing the show on the night. This mouth-watering sweet treat demonstrated the brand’s much loved classic chocolate recipes and included a Lily O'Brien's milk chocolate panna cotta and Callebaut warm chocolate brownie, served with Lily O'Brien's dark chocolate mousse and chocolate ice cream. The sitting closed with a Hazelnut Cappuccino, inspired by the intense combination of the all new dark chocolate with Arabica bean espresso and roasted hazelnuts, from the new collection.
Guests were then invited to explore the full assortment of chocolates from the new Exquisite Edition at an interactive tasting station, with fresh ingredients which brought to life the rich flavours of each new recipe, including Sicilian lemons, Tahitian vanilla, Thai stem ginger, Venezuelan cocoa beans, spiced orange and of course Irish Achill sea salt.
Speaking at the launch of the new collection, founder of Lily O’Brien’s, Mary Ann O’Brien said
“From the beginning Lily O’Brien’s was all about amazing taste, delicious ingredients and creating mouth-watering recipes to share with family and friends. Named after my daughter, Lily, the company creates chocolates that we can be proud of every day and in creating the new Exquisite Edition, our team has scaled new heights and truly reached for the moon and stars. Combining local Irish ingredients with elements from each corner of the world, our Exquisite Edition chocolates deliver a flavour voyage with every mouthful.”
The 15 new flavours include:
- Hazelnut Cappuccino – The intense dark chocolate, scented with double-roasted Arabica bean espresso and roasted hazelnuts, all wonderfully marbled with smooth, creamy with chocolate
- Coconut and Kalamansi Lime – Sweet and nutty coconut muddled with the distinctively elegant flavour of the Kalamansi lime, wrapped in intensely dark chocolate
- Dulche de Leche – Inspired by the traditional Argentinian Dulce de Leche recipe, caramel-infused white chocolate, paired with creamy milk chocolate
- Pear and Almond – Earthy pear, scented with rich American almond oil, smothered in milk and dark chocolate
- Sea Salted Caramel – Creamy smooth caramel infused with Irish Achill sea salt and smothered in sweet milk chocolate
- Almond and Cranberry – Sumptuous white chocolate truffle, perfumed with fragrant American almond oil and sprinkled with tart cranberry pieces
- Passionfruit and Bergamot – Light truffle perfectly partnered with zingy aromatic Peruvian Passionfruit and floral Italian Bergamot
- Créme Brulée – Smooth creamy caramel topped with Tahitian vanilla truffle, speckled with vanilla seeds and smothered in luscious milk chocolate
- Praline Feuilletine – Roasted hazelnut praline, studded with crispy wafer pieces, blended with 43% Venezuelan milk chocolate
- Ginger and Lemon Confit – Warming, sticky Thai stem ginger confit, paired with light citrusy lemon for balance
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salted Caramel – Smooth and opulent caramel studded with Irish Achill sea salt and smothered in dark chocolate
- Raspberry and Sicilian Lemon – Creamy white chocolate studded with zesty raspberry pieces and infused with Sicilian Lemon
- Blueberry Truffle – Light and fluffy Tahitian vanilla truffle, scattered with chocolate pieces
- Grand Cru Ganache – Rich and indulgent 70% Colombian dark chocolate ganache, with its unique intense woody flavour
If you want to try our brand new super-premium Exquisite Edition, our most superior collection to date - you can find them on our website here!