Summertime treats don’t come much cooler than this intensely chocolatey ice cream using Lily O'Brien's creamy Mega Milk Chocolate. For those mint choc chip fans amongst you, this is also lovely with a few drops of peppermint added for an extra fresh hit!
- 480ml Double Cream
- 400g Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 80g Lily O’Brien’s Mega Milk Chocolate
- Optional – A Few Drops of Peppermint Extract
- Place a large loaf tin in the freezer and hour before you begin to make your ice cream to make sure it’s nice and cold.
- Break the discs of chocolate roughly in half and place in a microwavable bowl. Melt in 30 second bursts in a microwave, stirring in between, until just melted and set to one side.
- Pour the double cream into a large bowl and whip into stiff peaks with an electric whisk or standard mixer.
- Add the condensed milk to the bowl along with the melted chocolate and a few drops of peppermint extract (if using) and whisk again on a low speed until all the ingredients are just combined.
- Remove your chilled loaf tin from the freezer and spoon your ice cream mixture in, levelling off the top with the back of the spoon until evenly distributed.
- Cover the top of the ice cream with clingfilm, making sure the cling film sits directly over the top of the mixture and fold over the sides of the tin.
- Chill in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Serve with your choice of toppings, fruit or shavings of chocolate, or enjoy just on its own.
For more easy baking recipes using Lily O'Brien's Chocolate visit our Chocolate Blog