Mega Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bar Recipe
16 Sep 2019
Looking for an easy no bake recipe to make for a weekend treat with your friends? Then these Chocolate and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars have the perfect combo of flavours to get you ‘oooing’ and ‘ahhhing’ all weekend!
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 280g chocolate bourbon cream biscuits (finely ground)
- 128g old-fashioned oats
- 150g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 141g unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- 227g chunky peanut butter
- 170g (plus 3 tablespoons) smooth peanut butter
- 120g Lily O’Brien’s 40% Mega Milk Chocolate Share Bag (melted)
- Line a deep square baking tray with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the 2 long sides.
- Combine biscuits, oats, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add chunky peanut butter and smooth peanut butter, whisking until well combined.
- Add peanut butter mixture to dry mixture, stirring until combined and melted.
- Transfer to tray, and use the bottom of a measuring cup or an offset spatula to firmly press mixture into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave and pour over chilled mixture and, using an offset spatula, spread into a thin layer that covers the surface.
- Refrigerate until hardened, at least 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter in a small saucepan until runny.
- Drizzle peanut butter over chilled chocolate.
- Refrigerate until hardened, about 15 minutes.
- Use parchment to lift out chilled block of bars.
- Run a sharp knife under hot water, dry well, and cut into 24 squares, wiping knife between cuts.
- Let bars stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.