Looking for a delectable and tasty dessert to treat your loved ones? These scrumptious little chocolate tarts are filled with a combination of our delicious Crispy Butterscotch chocolate and also dark chocolate drops to create the most glorious ganache then topped with tasty blueberries.
- 200g Blanched hazelnuts
- 4 tbsp Cacao powder
- 4 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 110g Lily O’Brien’s Crispy Butterscotch chocolate (1 x Share Bag) roughly chopped
- 90g Lily O’Brien’s Dark Chocolate Drops for baking
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 4 tbsp blueberry jam
- Fresh blueberries for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan, gas mark 4. Arrange the hazelnuts for the tart crust on a roasting tray and roast for 6-8 minutes until golden in colour and set aside to cool. Place the cooled nuts into a food processor and pulse until just finely ground, (don’t over-blend or the nuts will release too much oil). Add the cacao and pulse again until just combined then add the maple syrup, coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt. Pulse again the mix everything together.
- Line 4 x 9cm tart tins with a large square of clingfilm and press a quarter of the tart crust into each to evenly cover the each of the base and sides. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Spread 1 tbsp of blueberry jam over inside base of each tart and set to one side.
- To make the chocolate ganache, place the chopped chocolate into a medium sized bowl. Pour the cream into a sauce pan along with the sugar and bring to a simmer, stirring continuously until the sugar has melted. Bring to the boil and then quickly pour over the chopped chocolate and whisk until all the chocolate has melted and is smooth and glossy.
- Spoon the ganache mix into the cooled tart crusts and chill for twenty minutes, top with blueberries and serve.