Peppermint and Chocolate Crunch Fridge Tart by Dean Diplock!
A massive thank you to Dean Diplock from the Radisson Blu in Athlone for including our Peppermint Crunch Chocolate Bar in his mouthwatering Peppermint and Chocolate Crunch Fridge Tart recipe featured on Sunday AM on TV3!
- 1 packet Oaties Biscuits
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut (toasted)
- 65g Softened Butter
- 2 x 284ml Double Cream (Preferably Elmlea Cream Substitute)
- 125ml Boiling Water
- 1 packet Lemon Jelly (Crystals)
- 1 Tinned Caramel 397g
- 1 Dark Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Bar with a twist of Basil, 80g
- 1 tsp Mint Essence
- 2 Aero Mint Chocolate Grated 36g
- 50g Gated Milk Chocolate
- Mix the jelly crystals with the hot water, dissolve and allow to stand and come cool, this can be done quicker in a fridge, but do not let it set.
- Grate all the chocolates onto the greaseproof paper and place the tray in the freezer to harden the chocolate
- In a food processer, crumb the oaties until evenly fine and add the toasted coconut and mix with a single pulse or two
- Divide the crumb into two halves.
- In a mixing bowl, add the softened butter to one half of the crumb and press it down into the rectangular glass dish to form a biscuit base for your dessert
- Pop it in the fridge to set.
- Whip the cream and set aside
- With a hand whisk or machine whisk, mix the caramel with the cooled jelly and the mint essence.
- Add one third of the grated chocolate using a dessert spoon so that it does not melt in your fingers.
- Fold the caramel mixture into the whipped cream filling and begin constructing the dessert
- Place one third of the cream mixture onto the biscuit base in the glass dish and smooth out. Top with half of the remaining biscuit crumb.
- Add another third of the whipped cream filling and top with the remaining biscuit crumb.
- Top with the remaining cream mixture and smooth out. Lastly, again using a dessert spoon, top the dessert with the remaining grated chocolate
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours to set and serve with vanilla ice cream
View the full recipe here: //www.tv3.ie/3player/show/800/144620/0/