Why settle for just one type of chocolate in your cookies when you can have all three?! These delicious triple chocolate chunk cookies have a gorgeous chewy inner and a crispy outer – a lovely homemade treat for any chocolate lover!
- 200g unsalted butter
- 90g soft dark brown sugar
- 110g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 260g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 110g Lily O’Brien’s Mega Milk Chocolate Share Bag (1 Bag) roughly chopped
- 50g Lily O’Brien’s 70% Dark Chocolate Share Bag (around half a bag) – chopped into chunks
- 200g white chocolate chunks
- Melt the milk chocolate in 20 second bursts in the microwave (stirring in between) then once melted set aside to cool.
- Beat together the butter and sugars until fully combined and lighter in colour.
- Add the egg, extra egg yolk and the vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix until fully combined.
- Add the cooled melted milk chocolate and fold into the mixture until it's combined.
- Finally mix in the dark and white chocolate chunks into the mixture until they are evenly distributed.
- Roll the dough into a sausage shape about 5cm in diameter then cut in half and wrap each in cling film. You may find it easier to use the clingfilm to help you get an even sausage shape as the dough will be a little sticky. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour (up to 5 days maximum).
- When you're ready to bake your cookies remove the dough from the fridge and preheat your oven to 190°C/170°C fan and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a sharp knife to slice the dough into 1½cm thick cookie shapes, then place them on a baking sheet. Leave space between each cookie as they'll double in size as they bake. Cook for 8-9 minutes until crisp around the edges but still soft in the middle.
- Remove them from the oven once baked and leave them to cool for a few minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Explore our full range of chocolate treat, perfect for adding to your baked creations here