Fudgy Easter Brownies with Lily O'Brien's Chocolate
29 Mar 2022
Loaded with pretty pastel chocolate eggs, this ‘eggstra’ special indulgent brownie bake is the perfect way to treat the whole family this Easter.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 75g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 50g Lily O’Brien’s Dark Chocolate Drops, roughly chopped
- 100g Lily O’Brien’s Dark Chocolate Drops
- 75g full-fat soft cheese
- Small chocolate eggs
- Mini milk chocolate drops
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan and line a 20cm square brownie tin with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk, then add the eggs one by one and thoroughly combine.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, add the milk and mix everything together. Stir in the chopped chocolate until until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the top evenly with the back of a spoon. Place in the oven and bake for 30 mins, or until the top is set, then cool completely.
- While your brownie cools, place the chocolate for the topping in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 20 second bursts in a microwave, cool a little, then mix in the soft cheese until fully combined.
- Spread the topping over the cooled brownies, sprinkle over the mini milk chocolate drops and cut into squares.
- Place 3-4 small chocolate eggs on top of each brownie square and serve.