Loaded with pretty pastel chocolate eggs, this ‘eggstra’ special indulgent brownie bake is the perfect way to treat the whole family this Easter.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 75g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 50g Lily O’Brien’s Dark Chocolate Drops, roughly chopped
- 100g Lily O’Brien’s Dark Chocolate Drops
- 75g full-fat soft cheese
- Small chocolate eggs
- Mini milk chocolate drops
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan and line a 20cm square brownie tin with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk, then add the eggs one by one and thoroughly combine.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, add the milk and mix everything together. Stir in the chopped chocolate until until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the top evenly with the back of a spoon. Place in the oven and bake for 30 mins, or until the top is set, then cool completely.
- While your brownie cools, place the chocolate for the topping in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 20 second bursts in a microwave, cool a little, then mix in the soft cheese until fully combined.
- Spread the topping over the cooled brownies, sprinkle over the mini milk chocolate drops and cut into squares.
- Place 3-4 small chocolate eggs on top of each brownie square and serve.